WELCOME TO ALL OUR NEW PARENTS!
We know the transition from one school to another can be quite a step for parents too, particularly if you have been more actively involved in your junior school community. The PTA is a great way to keep in touch with Heathside school life, and you can be involved as much or as little as suits you. You could help with refreshments at the odd school event, make cakes for Sports day, make a donation either directly to a project or by joining our Winners’ Club or maybe find us some Lots for our Auctions!
Heathside PTA is our charitable Parent Teacher Association. It is supported by Mrs Cullum and the school.
We organise our own events and help alongside various school events to raise money for the school.
The money we raise is invested in resources for our children, which the school may not otherwise be able to afford.You, as a parent/carer/guardian, of a Heathside pupil are automatically a member.
If you would like to find out more please contact PTAChair@heathside.surrey.sch.uk, or of course you are warmly invited to come to any of our PTA meetings in the coming school year.
Projects Recently Supported
· 13 new picnic tables
· A shelving and notice board re-fit for the LRC
· Handheld microphones for shows and presentations in the hall
· Easels for art students
· House banners and flags for Sports Day and competitions
· A fast chiller for food tech
· Bike shed refurbishment
· A new laptop and recording software for the music department
· Drama student entry into the ‘Shakespeare for Schools’ Festival
· Cameras and photographic equipment for graphic design students
· Student entry into the 2017 Engineering Education Scheme at BP
· Science lesson equipment and Science Review back catalogue for A’Level students
· The rejuvenation of Milly’s garden
· 32 iPads and an iPad trolley
· 2 outdoor table tennis tables
· Performance desktop 3D printer
· Contribution towards trophies for prize giving’s
Heathside PTA is registered as "Friends of Heathside" (registered charity number 296866).
|Joint Chair||Sarah Wilde||PTAChair@heathside.surrey.sch.uk|
|Joint Chair||Jenny Barden||PTAChair@heathside.surrey.sch.uk|
|President||Mrs A Cullumfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|School Liaison||Miss R Harrisemail@example.com|
If you have never been to a Heathside PTA meeting before then this is a good chance for you to come along and find out more about how we help the school. Dates of upcoming meetings can be found below:
How we help the school:
Over the past few years, money has been raised by Heathside PTA (formerly Friends of Heathside) to fund one-off projects such as projectors for classrooms. Feedback from teachers has shown that these have been extremely useful in improving the education for children throughout the school. Funds have also been allocated towards the school mini buses and School Comms email/SMS text system.
If you would like to play a small part in helping to raise funds for key projects, to ensure your child gets the most out of their time at Heathside, please come along.
By giving up just a small amount of your time or money (or both!), we can help the school continue to provide an excellent education for our children.
Find us on Facebook