Adverse weather may affect the school operating as normal. If a decision is to be made to close the school this will be made by the Head of School and be communicated to parents and carers as follows:
1. We will ensure that our website is updated throughout the day regarding any developments which might affect the school operating normally.
2. We will send a message by text and email as early as possible to alert parents and carers if the school is to remain open or close.
3. The school answer phone message will also be updated to confirm whether or not the school is open.
4. Please also check our social media platforms for the latest updates on school availability.
Here is our advice to you on what to do:
We will make the decision as to whether the school will open by 7:30 am this decision will be posted on our website. Please always refer to our website in the first instance.
If the school does close, any student en route to school should continue their journey to school and wait in the hall. Here they will be supervised until their parent/carer can be contacted.
If the weather deteriorates during the day:
1. The school will be closed early only in extreme cases.
2. The decision to close the school will be made by the Head of School.
3. Any decision to close the school early will be passed on to staff, parents and students as soon as we have arrangements in hand. This message will be conveyed to parents on the website and sent by school comms.
4. Students being collected from school or with other arrangements will be allowed to phone a parent for advice on what to do.
5. Students who can walk home will be sent, preferably, in family groups or with other students who live near to each other.
6. School will be kept open with staff on hand until the last student has left.
How parents can help: